Our regulation and audit compliance services focus on areas with a high risk of non-compliance. An investigation and audit is performed on the building, with an emphasis on:
- Pinpointing and contacting individuals or businesses currently operating within the building and construction sectors.
- Recognising clients who may not fully understand their compliance regime, using a program of desk and field audits.
- Identifying clients, providers, or stakeholders with a repeat pattern of non-compliance.
- Ensuring those clients who are obligated to lodge levy returns do so in a timely manner.
- Enabling early identification and follow-up for clients with overdue payments and/or data submission.
Non-compliance is detected through a range of activities, including investigations, field visits and auditing, IT-assisted research, risk analysis, and the matching and mining of data. When permitted, information and audit results are regularly exchanged with external agencies. We also conduct ad-hoc matching programs and swap information with many other agencies.
Cases for audit and investigation are selected from a number of different sources. These includes:
- Voluntary and anonymous disclosures, as reported to our compliance line.
- Validation and exception reporting, which identifies inconsistencies presented by clients or complainants.
- Referrals from other agencies.
- Verification of our records against third-party information.
- A randomised audit program to ensure an adequate cross-section of clients is reviewed.
Reduce your business costs and improve the world that you are building in.
Get Permit Online without any hassle